What to Expect from a Lactation Consultation
Breastfeeding is natural, but it doesn't necessarily come naturally. Whether this is your first baby or not, or if your baby is a newborn or older, breastfeeding can come with challenges and frustration. Scheduling a lactation consultation can put your mind at ease while providing you with the support, education and encouragement needed to have a successful breastfeeding journey.
What to expect:
- A home consultation by an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC), the gold standard in breastfeeding knowledge and expertise.
- A thorough review of both you and your baby's medical history.
- An assessment of a feeding which includes the latch, positioning and transfer of milk.
- A test weight to determine the amount of milk transferred during a feeding.
- Evidence-based education applicable to current breastfeeding issues.
- An easy-to-understand care plan that addresses any issues, with a goal of resolving any challenges you are experiencing.
- Follow-up contact via e-mail, phone call, text or visit for two weeks after consultation
- A consultation report will be faxed to your obstetrician and your baby's pediatrician.
On May 27, 2019 our Payment Policy changed.
We are in-network with Aetna. There will be no out-of-pocket expenses for Aetna clients. When booking a consultation, use the code AETNA when entering payment information.
Clients who are covered by any other insurance company, besides Aetna, will be required to pay for services at the time of booking. Credit card, debit card and HSA accounts are accepted.
After your visit you will be provided with a detailed, coded Superbill that you can submit to your insurance company. While many companies do cover lactation care, we cannot guarantee our services will be covered by your particular insurance carrier. Please check with your plan or account provider to understand your options.
Your insurance policy is a contract between you and the insurance company. While every effort is made to utilize your benefits, the terms of your plan will prevail and the fees for services rendered are your responsibility.
Call 706-504-2227 for information.