What to Expect from a Lactation Consultation
Breastfeeding is natural, but it doesn't necessarily come naturally. Whether this is your first baby or not, or if your baby is a newborn or older, breastfeeding can come with challenges and frustration. Scheduling a lactation consultation can put your mind at ease while providing you with the support, education and encouragement needed to have a successful breastfeeding journey.
What to expect:
- A home consultation by an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC), the gold standard in breastfeeding knowledge and expertise.
- A thorough review of both you and your baby's medical history.
- An assessment of a feeding which includes the latch, positioning and transfer of milk.
- A test weight to determine the amount of milk transferred during a feeding.
- Evidence-based education applicable to current breastfeeding issues.
- An easy-to-understand care plan that addresses any issues, with a goal of resolving any challenges you are experiencing.
- Follow-up contact via e-mail, phone call, text or visit for two weeks after consultation
- A consultation report will be faxed to your obstetrician and your baby's pediatrician.
All consultations require a deposit, which is refundable pending insurance reimbursement. Baby Azur will file insurance for you. Deposit must be paid upon booking consultation. Call 706-504-2227 for information.